Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Songbook Xtended: Kool Nuit



M83 feat. Kaela - Kool Nuit (2023) [Original Post]

Did Justin Bieber kill pop music, or is it just getting harder to find & connect with the good stuff? I was excited to check out new music from M83, even if I wouldn't characterize myself as a fan. That's not a knock. I just meant to say I'm a weary traveler who's bumped into them from time to time. I've liked M83's airy meditations on a protracted captured moment. Kool Nuit has some of that cool breeze, but is more cinematic in its scope. It wraps and surrounds -- at least in its first section. It is a song of two characters. The sweetness of the first half becomes more unsettled as the drama ratchets up and sweetness becomes tempest. I can only apologise for the cover art so much. I'm not feeling it. I am very much feeling this song though. An exciting real-time addition to the 2023 CDClub Songbook chronology. Rarity.

No comments: