Saturday, May 06, 2023

Songbook Xtended: The Miracle of Love



Eurythmics - The Miracle of Love (1986) [Original Post]

I'll show you something good. Oh, I'll show you something good. It's been a rough year. A rough few months, but the thing is, a lot of that comes from a place of love. There's some comfort in that. A certain amount of strength and resolve. I'm not really one for believing in miracles, but I believe in that. That love is a tremendous, valuable thing. I would like more of it in my life. Unimpeded and uninterrupted. Sometimes it's hard to express those kinds of thoughts and that's where a lovely song like this one comes in. Those smooth, warm, velveteen vocals crystallizing something that transcends the simple language that's incidental to the tones and rhythm of its vibration. Maybe I've got it all wrong. Maybe there's a case for miracles being everywhere. 

No comments: