Friday, March 31, 2023

Songbook Xtended: My Kingdom



The Future Sound of London - My Kingdom (1996) [Original Post]

I'm not exactly sure what's going on in the video for My Kingdom. Does it accurately predict and forewarn of the devastating spread of COVID-19, Brexit, racism, and turmoil in Ukraine? I'm joking, of course, but now that the suggestion is planted, watch it again. I noticed FSoL music videos don't load information and comments correctly on YouTube. I don't know why that is. I'm not trying to suggestive anything conspiratory or enigmatic. Probably just some stray symbols breaking code. It happens on multiple FSoL videos and I haven't encountered it anywhere else, though. Benign but the kind ominous mythology a band like FSoL used to thrive on cultivating. I'm reminded that FSoL did interviews via webcam. That sort of thing used to be a lot more interesting. A cyberpunk edge mercurial enough in the moment to not seem tragic. I like the music, with or without the stories. Chillout.

No comments: