Thursday, April 27, 2023

Songbook Xtended: Sunset



Fatboy Slim - Sunset (Bird of Prey) (2000) [Original Post]

We take Fatboy Slim for granted. He was in the country, I listened to him on Triple J radio. It got me to thinking and I was thinking about Bird of Prey -- or Sunset, as it should really be referred to. I remember my friend Dave telling me about a sketch on the radio using the "Bird of Prey" soundbyte to punctuate prank calls -- or something. I still think of that fondly, and I still think of this song fondly. 2000 was a spectacular time. My kind of time. Orange, and yellow, and grey, and blue. Music was for dancing to, and the world was bursting with excitement and possibilities. I think the Olympics helped, down here. The new millennium clearly inspired the world in the final years of the nineteen-nineties, as well. Sunset probably isn't the best of it, or the best of Norman Cook, but it does capture some of that feeling. Flying high, flying high. I'm shocked this isn't already in the CDClub Songbook, but like I said. We take Fatboy Slim for granted. He really did get an awful lot of airplay It's nice to be back, though..

No comments: