Saturday, April 22, 2023

TrailerClub: The 10th Victim



The 10th Victim (1965) [Original Post]

They used to show weird, cult cinema from around the world on television. It was a good time. I can't really remember if The 10th Victim was one of the movies I saw, or just similar to something, perhaps another Italian offering from the sixties or seventies. It seems ahead of its time. Sixties futurism with a nihilistic edge. Dead men killing for reality television. The Running Man a couple of decades early. There's another movie I'd like to find. I saw it late one or two nights. I think it might've been Italian, but I don't remember anything significant about it. Red walls. An apartment high rise with an elevator inside and large walled walkways outside. Modern, paranoid, mysterious. The 10th Victim doesn't seem to be it, but hey. At least there are jazzmen standing on cubes playing saxophone. That's the kind of thing I like.

No comments: